Calendar of Events - AgendaPrintable Version | Return to Calendar View
December 12, 2013 -
Florida Historical Commission Meeting
The Florida Historical Commission will hold its December meeting for the purposes of conducting commission business and assisting the Division of Historical Resources in carrying out the purposes, duties, and responsibilities of the division.
December 15, 2013 - December 15, 2013
Solstice Celebration and Commemorative Mass
Celebrate both Native American and Spanish culture with a blend of winter traditions! The event is scheduled to include:
- A commemorative Mass with Bishop Gregory Parkes at 2 pm
- Artisans selling their fine crafts
- Stomp dancing with the Muskogee Creeks
- A flute and drum circle
- The Ruediger Math Drummers
- Hands-on archery
- Primitive weapon demos
- Presentations on astronomy, The Maritime World of Ponce de Leon, and the San Luis crystal cross
- Viewing of the sun and pre-solstice stars with scopes provided by the Tallahassee Astronomical Society
- Children’s make-and-take craft activities
- Food vendors
December 17, 2013 -
Florida Folklife Council Meeting
To conduct the business of the council review and rank the 2014 Heritage Award nominations.
December 17, 2013 - December 17, 2013
Grants Management Webinar
Grants Management Webinar, intended to explain the current management process for 2014 Small Matching Grant projects including Reports and Payments; Procurement of Consultants; Contractors and Vendors; Close-out and Final Products.
December 19, 2013 -
Friends of Mission San Luis Finance and Investment Committee
Friends of Mission San Luis Finance and Investment Committee will meet December 19, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. in the Mission San Luis Board Room.